How to Run Facebook Ads That Convert
As marketing has greatly moved into digital spaces, Facebook has become one of the most popular and effective platforms to place ads on. With 2.89 billion monthly users, Facebook is currently the largest social media platform that exists. While many users may believe that they received an ad on their page out of sheer coincidence, business owners and marketing agencies carefully construct the correct target audience, the right posting time, and the most optimal content for their users to consume in order to yield the best results.
What Are Facebook Ads?
Facebook ads are a type of paid message available on Facebook’s business profiles. They allow businesses to have direct outreach to their target demographic while allowing them to write and research their own content and posts. Simply posting a promotional post on your timeline may not inspire interaction from those who are interested. In fact, many people may not even see it. Facebook ads allow you to directly contact your target audience and assist you in yielding responses. Though you have to pay for Facebook ads, you can set up a billing plan that works for you. Whether you want to pay a specific amount per day, per result, or impressions, you can set up your preferences on your business profile.
How Do They Work?
Facebook ads work fairly simple. They gather a plethora of information from their user’s profiles and place them into certain categories based on that information. Advertisers need to know that information in order to correctly place ads for their target demographic. Some categories that Facebook may assign their users to may be based on their:
- Marital status
With this information stored on the platform, Facebook makes it easier for businesses and marketers to reach their target audience with their user information. Advertisers can customize ads accordingly and Facebook will take care of pushing the ad to the right people.
Why Are Facebook Ads Important?
The vast majority of social media marketers believe that Facebook is one of the best places for businesses to go if they want a great ROI or return on investment. This is because nearly 70% of adults in America have accounts and the average person spends roughly half an hour on Facebook, making advertising on this platform very lucrative for businesses.
How Facebook Ads Increase Your Profits and Leads
There are many benefits to advertising on Facebook, including the potential for increased leads and sales. Creating advertisements for your business on Facebook can help you:
- Build brand awareness- Social media is the best place for brands to present themselves to potential customers. Your business’s social media profile should contain direct information about your business and be a suitable setting for people to interact with you and each other. Creating contests, sharing deals, and giving members of your social media following promotional codes are great ways to establish a strong relationship with your followers and potential clients.
- Generate qualified leads- When you post on your Facebook account, watch your marketing strategies closely. Keep track of your customer data as well as any sales you have made. Taking a look at the interactions that happen on your page and in your messages is also helpful for gauging your potential customer’s interest. It may also be helpful to directly target groups of people that fall into your ideal demographic. For example, if you are a vet, use Facebook to search for pet lover’s groups or other relevant potential leads.
- Increase of online sales- It is crucial for business owners to include a direct link to their shop or website on their Facebook profile. This makes browsing your products and services much more convenient for the average customer. It may also be beneficial to allow direct purchases to happen on Facebook. The convenience of this is likely to yield more purchases which you can directly monitor while on Facebook.
Due to the overwhelming amount of benefits that advertising on Facebook has it is important to add it in as a part of your marketing strategy. It is one of the best places to improve upon your profit margin while also allowing you to find new leads for your business.
How To Create Optimal Ads
Creating advertisements without a clear vision in mind is stressful. Creating the optimal ad may seem intimidating without the proper knowledge of what to consider. Before creating a marketing strategy for your business, you may want to consider the following:
- Who to target- Depending on the product or service you might want to advertise, you will target different demographics. Thankfully, Facebook closely stores important demographics in their algorithm so that all you have to do is tell them the specific audience to advertise to. When coming up with an advertising strategy, you may want to consider potential demographic intersections that you could implement that would aid you in reaching more people in a variety of seemingly different demographics.
- When To Run The Ad- Determining the best time to post advertisements greatly depends on the habits of your audience or target demographic. By utilizing the tools available to you on Facebook or Google Analytics, you can view data pertaining to your target audience. You will be able to view their typical social media habits and get a better understanding of what the best times to post for your audience are. If your audience or targeted demographic tends to vary, you can create a schedule for your posts depending on which particular section of your audience you would like to target that day.
- Creating Captivating Content- Once you have your target audience and understand optimal posting times for your key demographic, you will want to create content that is attention-grabbing, compelling, and inspires conversation. Applying good captions along with media such as pictures or videos is a great way to gain attention for your business. Depending on your audience, optimal images and content can vary. Research will allow you to see what content your target demographic is likely to respond to. Lastly, finishing your post with a call-to-action can inspire potential customers to check out your business. Call-to-action phrases may include something like, “Book Now” or “Learn More”.
Incorporating all of this into your marketing strategy will strengthen it and allow you to better understand how to cater your content to your targeted demographic. Keeping track of all of this information may add additional difficulty for you as marketing strategies are subject to change. However, keeping up with current marketing trends can help you maintain a successful marketing strategy over time that will convert your target audience into leads and profits.
If running Facebook ads seems like a daunting task for you to undergo or you would like an experienced marketing agency to help create, curate, or improve your current marketing strategy, contact the experts at NOVA Advertising. Our team has years of experience helping businesses just like yours create successful marketing campaigns through social media. You can call us at 703-855-9641 or fill out a form on our website here.