Over the years, more and more professionals have flocked to LinkedIn in order to search for employment as many companies and businesses have begun posting their job listings on LinkedIn instead of other job recruitment websites. With the rise in LinkedIn users over the years, it is important to know how to market your business to professional parties. Figuring out a good content marketing plan that works for your business can help raise your visibility and get people interested in what you are doing.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is an online service that is aimed at helping people get jobs, internships, or to assist them in connecting to business and industry professionals. This service was originally launched in 2003 and was created with the intention of facilitating meaningful networking and allowing users to increase their professional connections. While many users tend to solely manage their own personal profiles, businesses and companies are also encouraged to create their own LinkedIn pages. There are a variety of benefits for businesses who utilize LinkedIn including:
- Increased visibility- One of the best ways to promote your business is to have a strong and meaningful online presence. Having a decent quantity of social profiles that are active and attentive can let people know that you are dedicated to your business and will, therefore, be attentive should they decide to work with you.
- Establishing your business in a professional setting- While social media is great for showing many aspects of your business, it lacks a certain professionalism that LinkedIn provides. You may also establish a lot of credibility if you actively use LinkedIn and understand how the platform works.
- Understanding your target audience- Many business owners may have an idea of what their targeted audience is, but LinkedIn can show you what your viewing demographic actually is. Whether it matches your target audience or not, you can adjust your strategies accordingly.
- Connecting with other industry professionals- It is important to try connecting with industry professionals who complement and advance your business but it is also important to keep up with those who may be your competitors. Notice what they do well and what you would improve upon and make those improvements to your own industry approach.
- Allowing businesses to improve their SEO- Similar to how you may use keywords and phrases to attract people to your website, you can do the same to your LinkedIn profile to attract the right people towards it. Figure out which keywords you would like to focus on and try implementing them throughout your profile.
- Keeping up with new industry trends- No one wants to be the last person to know new information, especially when that information can help them improve aspects of their business. LinkedIn allows businesses to stay connected with their respective industries so that they are always in the loop about new marketing trends or industry trends that could affect them and the way they conduct their business.
- An easier time when it comes to hiring- Businesses will no longer have to resort to creating job posts on a variety of recruitment websites. Now, all of this can be done on LinkedIn. You also will be able to view the profiles of the professionals who apply so you will be able to see certifications, internships, and other qualifications that may not have been included on their resume.
Due to the many wonderful benefits that using LinkedIn provides, all businesses are encouraged to make a profile and begin connecting with industry professionals to grow their networks.
How to Use LinkedIn to Your Advantage
Establishing your own business profile on LinkedIn can greatly help your business if you know how to use it to your advantage in order to gain more exposure in your industry, areas of operation, and to those who wish to work with you in the future. There are a few ways for businesses to use their LinkedIn profiles to their advantage including the following:
- Using hashtags- Hashtags help sort content into specific categories on LinkedIn and most other social platforms. By using hashtags you can reach users who may not know about your business but follow or are interested in certain hashtags.
- Engaging with your audience- While creating posts related to your business is important and a great practice to take part in, you should also interact with those who interact with your profile. If you see a comment, question, or another form of interaction coming from someone it is best to respond in a professional way as soon as you can.
- Creating genuine content- Though your goal in being on LinkedIn may be to promote or present your business to the world, there are ways to do so that don’t sound too salesy or disingenuous. Make sure that you are creating genuine content that speaks to who you are as a business and doesn’t sound like a sales pitch.
- Being consistent with your content- If you are going to be creating your own content on LinkedIn it is important to remain consistent in your efforts. This may be difficult at first but over time you will become accustomed to it. It may help to set up a content schedule for when you will post, what time you will post, and what topics you will post about.
- Observing and adjusting your strategies over time- If you notice that your content isn’t receiving as much attention as you would have hoped, you can always adjust your content or content strategies at any point. Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box to create a content style that works for you and your business.
Over time and after you use LinkedIn more and more you will become better acquainted with how the platform works and how you can improve your business profile. Remaining consistent with your efforts and implementing the latest LinkedIn marketing techniques should yield you positive results.
If you are looking for help improving the visibility of your business, contact the experts at NOVA Advertising. We have years of experience helping businesses like yours raise their SEO rankings and improve their sales. For more information on how we can assist you, call us at 703-855-9641 or contact us directly on our website here. We look forward to seeing how we can help your business grow.